Music: Greatest Free Applications for Music Enthusiasts


LastFM

LastFM


LastFM is simply great. You immediately become more involved in the community aspect of music by creating a custom profile and choosing your tastes. LastFM even recommends you music from its vast archive of songs and albums. You'll be searching for long into the night to find a service that matches the sheer capabilities of LastFM. What's more you'll never be disappointed at what this personal and expansive service has to offer you.


Spotify

Spotify

If you've never heard of Spotify you're in for a delightful treat, but also a bashing around the head for not knowing of this wonderful beast. It's a free application that lets you play your favorite tracks, construct playlists and browse popular artists. Very convenient and high quality music gives you the pleasure of sitting back in your chair and relaxing to some of your most-loved tunes. Spotify is currently only available in the United Kingdom and a few other European countries. I hope soon that they launch Spotifty for worldwide listeners all across the globe.


Grooveshark


Grooveshark

A funky web application providing quality music and coordinated searchings through a manageable interface. The Spotify like navigation lets you listen to music instantly without any time-consuming long searches or playlist management necessary. It also has upgrades to VIP for additional features but the free version is almost as good. Trust me, I'm a shark when it comes to things like this - a groovy one to.


Project Playlist


Project Playlist

A simply to use website where you can easily browse for your desired music via the homepage. The tracks can then be added to playlists for your enjoyment. An effective and simple navigation enhances the ease-of-use and you'll find yourself being able to make and listen to your chosen playlists in seconds. The downside of this once again is that it is currently only available in certain countries. It is based in the United States of America.


we7

We7

Similar to Project Playlist - we7 offers a humongous range of high quality tracks and albums for your entertainment. You can create playlists and sign up to benefit from additional features included in the site. Once again it is restricted to some countries and the consistent interference from advertisements prior to and after playing tracks can cause minor annoyance. You can however upgrade to premium for a low cost which leaves you with an almost unbeatable service to enjoy. It's also very adaptable, and can be viewed on mobile devices so you can stay with your music wherever you go.


Pandora


Pandora

Pandora is a US internet radio and music website where you can search for tracks from their database. Despite being a very comprehensive service Pandora is only available to persons residing in the US at this time. It's a free service with the option to ungraded for additional features and utilities.


Mufin


Mufin

A cheeky piece of software so similar to Spotify you'll hardly notice the difference. A friendly and inviting service which offers you a wide range of music to listen to and download. Stylish controls and a smooth and manouverable interface makes this service a challenging opponent to some of the rival contenders. You do have to download this one like Spotify - But it's worth it instead of streaming songs from a website. Definitely check this one out, you'd be a mufin not to.

Comments

Have fun! said...

Hey, your post is interestingt, i red it and i agree with you, FM rocks! Also i like the way you write, so i follow you : )

T3CH said...

I think Spotify is best, they've got all music imaginable!

Learnin' German Admin said...

sadly, spotify is not available yet in germany :(

Alopix said...

I prefer Last fm

Dj DeKu said...

I love Pandora.

Joefiss said...

Thanks the the tips.

Shockwave said...

Spotify is awesome!

Alex said...

My personal favorite is grooveshark, seems to be the quickest and I can find exactly what song I want.

Marcus Silva said...

lastfm is one of my favorites

greenluigi123 said...

i use spotify and last.fm (scott-t93) both are good software but can't be compared. spotify is good music player, but last.fm gives you recommendation on your taste :)

duquem421 said...

I like the radio

fabio_2007 said...

I usually use grooveshark

Astronomy Pirate said...

Pandora here. I wouldn't mind giving spotify a shot though.

imnotabot said...

i like pandora better.... but last.fm is good too!

remocon11 said...

i use pandora... and thanks this was helpful!!!

ed said...

been using lastfm for 5 yrs now

Stuck In Syndey said...

thank you kind sir, lovely post

Aaron M. Gipson said...

My choices are pretty limited here in Costa Rica, I'm going to try that Mufn though...

obi said...

great i did not know of all these, thx!

foochick49 said...

I love Pandora, I'll have to check out the others.

Adam said...

Using lastfm since years, dont know the others. gonna check em out.

C.M. said...

Good choices here. I am a Pandora and lastfm user myself, especially since I can use them on my phone or even my xbox.

HaliChap said...

Can't wait til Pandora comes north to Canada.

kaboomix said...

I love your posts, so informative!

Im already using Last.fm and Spotify, should check out a few of the others aswell.

Could be useful if you added your own personal review to them.

Unrelated Randomness

Roy said...

LastFM is great!

Ono Mock-O said...

Your post has improved my life by 100%

Jorge said...

I love Last.fm so much. And I'll have to give Spotify a try.

Kyle Shankin said...

I LOVE last.fm! Groove shark is pretty cool too, but I didn't see them on your list. Following ;)

Marc said...

I use lastfm

Salman A said...

I love last.fm. I have been using it for about 4 years now, and it's an excellent website. Thank you for sharing!

sildude said...

Last.fm is simply essential to me.

Nina said...

I love last.fm, it gets me into so much new music

-_vinyl_- said...

nice post!